This is an unprecedented time. Whether we are still working at our essential places of employment or self-quarantined at home, we are stronger standing together!
In an effort to keep our valued Nightingale personnel, clients and community safe, and up to date with statistics and actions taken regarding this ever changing CoVID-19 pandemic, we will post regular Ministry of Health updates on this page for your reference.
Information has been provided by the Ministry of Health | Health System Emergency Management Branch
Situation Report #61: COVID-19
Case Count as of March 26th, 2020
|Area||Case Count||Change from|
|Asia & Oceania||22,948||+1,796||366||+35|
- 170 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 858 (this includes eight resolved cases and 13 deaths).
· In Ontario, there are 10,965 persons under investigation with lab results pending.
· In order to increase capacity in the health system, the ministry has given general approval to all public hospitals under subsection 4(2) of the Public Hospitals Act to operate and use an institution, building or other premises or place (“premises”) for the purposes of a hospital, provided that certain conditions are met. Further details can be found in the attached memo.
Situation Report #60: COVID-19
Case Count as of March 25th, 2020
|Area||Case Count||Change from|
|Asia & Oceania||21,152||+1,269||331||+11|
- 100 new cases were reported today in Ontario, bringing the cumulative total to 688 (this includes eight resolved cases and 13 deaths).
· In Ontario, there are 10,489 persons under investigation with lab results pending.
- Today the Government of Canada announced an Emergency Order under the Quarantine Act that requires any person entering Canada by air, sea or land to self-isolate for 14 days whether or not they have symptoms of COVID-19. All individuals permitted to enter Canada are subject to this Order, with the exception of certain persons who cross the border regularly to ensure the continued flow of goods and services, and those who provide essential services.
- Health Canada has published guidance on optimizing the use of masks and respirators during the COVID-19 outbreak. This includes:
- guidance on the use of expired N95 respirators and masks; and
- guidance on the use of commercial-grade respirators for medical purposes.
- The Order in Council to close non-essential businesses has been attached to today’s Situation Report. The Ministry of the Solicitor General has advised that if municipalities (or health units) have questions about the Emergency Order closing non-essential business, they should contact the Provincial Emergency Operations Centre at the following email address: PEOCDO01@ontario.ca
- For businesses with questions, the line for them to contact is: Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659. Help is available Monday to Sunday, from 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and Ontario College of Pharmacists have prepared statements regarding drug prescribing and in particular hydroxyCQ prescribing. Please see further information here.
- The Public Health Management Guidance document has been updated and a new Quick Reference document on Testing and Clearance has been created. Both are attached in today’s Situation Report.
- Several websites have been created for COVID-19 that act as a portal for trusted and legitimate information and resources and have been shared below.
- The Command Table met today, a summary has been attached.
- The Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health has issued the attached directive for Ambulance Services and Paramedics under the Ambulance Act.